Adrian Peterson

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

jackal
Strong Safety

Re: Adrian Peterson

Post by jackal »

He needs to sit until he is 100 percent no matter how long that is ...
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

would like too see him get a few hits in preseason just so he wont worry or think about it. i doubt it however. they will probably keep him on pup list which may be the best way to go anyways just to be safe.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

I mentioned in another thread that I don't see the point of him being on the PUP list. I saw one writer speculating that they'll most likely activate him during training camp, probably after the first or second preseason game. If that's the case, I can only imagine he's on the PUP to keep him from practicing, although I don't understand why they can't simply tell him: You are not participating in any practice drills. You keeping doing your rehab drills with the trainer over on the sidelines.
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion »

Y'all hear about the seafood poisoning yesterday? Randy Moss was right all along...
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

NextQuestion wrote:Y'all hear about the seafood poisoning yesterday? Randy Moss was right all along...
This one?
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
9man
Transition Player

Post by 9man »

Just Me wrote: This one?
The comments in that article are pretty funny
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

This is entertaining. Watch the video.
http://www.rantsports.com/fantasy/2012/ ... -peterson/
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Peterson feels like he can recover from his knee injury much like he did his shoulder injury, and come back a stronger player.

"I know that I'll be more aggressive coming off of this," he said. "Making sure that when guys try and go low on my leg, I'm going to be trying to run those guys over to keep them off my legs."
http://t.co/omhATofB
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikin ... 40746.html
On a more important subject, Frazier said Sunday that he didn't know if running back Adrian Peterson will play Week 1 against Jacksonville.

"We're going to see how he does this week in practice," Frazier said of his star, recovering from torn knee ligaments suffered last December. "He's done a great job in his rehab all the way through. He's champing at the bit to play, as you can imagine. He wants to play in this first game but we'll see how he does this week and then we'll make a decision later this week.

"We won't take any chances with [Peterson]. When we put him out there, it will be because our doctors, our medical staff and our coaches feel like he's ready to go."
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

Adrian Peterson vs MJD ! I have my popcorn ready !!! :popcorn:
Juice
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Juice »

Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero
Frazier says #Vikings "without question" will take Adrian Peterson decision up to Sunday.
"They say no matter how hard you work, there's always someone, somewhere working harder than you. Guess what? I'm that someone." -Kevin Garnett
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

hibbingviking wrote:Adrian Peterson vs MJD ! I have my popcorn ready !!!!
I'm betting they don't have a total of 10 carries between the two of them. Peterson is unlikely to play, and MJD is rusty and it's still unknow if he'll play, either.
FailedtoOpen
All Pro Elite Player

Post by FailedtoOpen »

I AP doesn't end up in a similar situation to Cedric Griffen.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

FailedtoOpen wrote:I AP doesn't end up in a similar situation to Cedric Griffen.
My thoughts exactly. I'd absolutely hate to see that happen.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I would love to see him play, mainly because I will be there. Hopefully whenever he plays he will be healthy and as dynamic as before!
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018