Harrison Smith Interview

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Re: Harrison Smith Interview

Post by VikingLord »

One thing I'll say about Smith is he at least seems to know where the ball is. If you know where it is you can make plays on it, so at least there is hope that in time he'll become a more sure-handed interceptor.

Contrast that with Jamarca Sanford who brings the wood but has absolutely no clue where the ball is and seems to have little interest in knowing. Only way a guy like that gets a pick is if it's thrown right at him, but he's going to be a PI magnet for any team that can get the ball downfield consistently.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

It's been so long since the Vikings have had even an average safety that it's perfectly understandable that some fans are ready to vote Smith into the Pro Bowl.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

I for one am not ready to proclaim him as a pro-bowl safety. He does however possess all of the neccessary skills and size to maybe some day reach that level. He was a pure tackling machine in college and began his career as a linebacker (seems to still exibit those traits).
I do not want to sound to redundant but man the Vikes had a solid draft. :rock:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.