Stadium thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

glg
Site Admin

Stadium thread

Post by glg »

Discussion of stadium issues can continue in this thread with the following caveat.

Anyone who diverges from the stadium into anything else gets a week off. Second offense, you're gone. Period. There will be no warnings. There is no defense. That is the rules and if you cannot stick to it, you're gone. I don't care if you've been here a week or since the board opened. The no politics rule exists for a reason and it will be followed.

Talk about how it could be funded? Fine. Start contrasting that to anything else? No.

This is not a Minnesota politics board. It's a Vikings board. Stick to football.
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Stadium thread

Post by vikeinmontana »

glg wrote:Discussion of stadium issues can continue in this thread with the following caveat.

Anyone who diverges from the stadium into anything else gets a week off. Second offense, you're gone. Period. There will be no warnings. There is no defense. That is the rules and if you cannot stick to it, you're gone. I don't care if you've been here a week or since the board opened. The no politics rule exists for a reason and it will be followed.

Talk about how it could be funded? Fine. Start contrasting that to anything else? No.

This is not a Minnesota politics board. It's a Vikings board. Stick to football.
i think one would only have to go to one, or two vikings games and try and use one of what seems like only 5 bathrooms, and almost piss themselves while standing in line for a half hour to realize....the vikes need a new stadium! :D
i'm ready for a beer.
bigskyeric
All Pro Elite Player

Post by bigskyeric »

vikeinmontana wrote: i think one would only have to go to one, or two vikings games and try and use one of what seems like only 5 bathrooms, and almost piss themselves while standing in line for a half hour to realize....the vikes need a new stadium! :D
what, you don't like the county fair style Pxss trough? Sword fighting with complete strangers? It's classy!
Seek and Destroy
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

maybe that's by design. they know that if you are borderline ready to piss yourself, you could care less what you're pissing in after 30 minutes in line! smart money management. :lol:
Last edited by vikeinmontana on Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i'm ready for a beer.
bigskyeric
All Pro Elite Player

Post by bigskyeric »

vikeinmontana wrote:maybe that's by desing. they know that if you are borderline ready to piss yourself, you could care less what you're pissing in after 30 minutes in line! smart money management. :lol:
For all the Domes flaws, I have had many many good times in that complex. Ozzfest, Twins games, Viking Games, Supercross, even Monster Trucks. The bright white ceiling that gives it an outdoor lit effect. The Loudness of the Fans. I love the Dome. I wish it was profitable or even renovationable ( I just made up a new word :lol: ) I'm sure I'll love the new stadium even more when and if it is built. But I can honestly say I will miss the hefty bag, a lot. I hope the Vikings can make you a two sport championship complex before you pass. Old girl......
Seek and Destroy
OJVIKE
Career Elite Player

Post by OJVIKE »

what ??? went from were is stadium funding going to come to were our piss goes????
looks like the vikes dont want the Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission to be invovled in there plans for a stadium!!
http://wcco.com/vikings/metrodome.remod ... 75382.html
well..whats the problem???looks like some progress.... :wallbang:
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PurpleHalo »

OJVIKE wrote:what ??? went from were is stadium funding going to come to were our piss goes????
looks like the vikes dont want the Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission to be invovled in there plans for a stadium!!
http://wcco.com/vikings/metrodome.remod ... 75382.html
well..whats the problem???looks like some progress.... :wallbang:
The recent move by the Met Commission was total bush league, they have every reason to be mad.
Extend or we charge you 4 mil a year, now isnt the time for strong armed tactics, all they needed to do was sit down and say we gonna get this figured out, lets find a way. I hope the Met Commission, dont foul this up, Bill Lester needs to pull his head out and repair the damage if it's possible to, fueds wont help this situation, everyone needs to work together. With that said, I think the vikings are being a bit childish about the latest design.
This space available for rent.
thatguy
Hall of Famer

Post by thatguy »

^Yeah. They basically blackmailed the Vikings into signing an extension to the lease...

Check the links in my signature to see how you can help out with resolving the stadium issue!
"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." ~Thucydides
Minniman
Hall of Famer

Post by Minniman »

glg wrote:Discussion of stadium issues can continue in this thread with the following caveat.

Talking about how it could be funded is politics.

There is no way to post any relevant information without a potential policy violation. Therefore, the whole topic is meaningless in its redacted form.
We come from the land of the ice and snow .... :smilevike:
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

No, I think funding of the 'dome was excluded. As you said, its just about impossible to have a good discussion about the 'Dome without that topic.
TrenchGoon
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by TrenchGoon »

I agree, there is no way to engage in this topic without veering into politics. We may as well not have this thread IMO. Its a bit like leaving a 50 on the ground and waiting to see if anyone takes it.
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

"Hey, this is the thread about electric guitars but you can't talk about mixers, effects pedals or amplifiers! Have at it, folks."
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

Hunter Morrow wrote:"Hey, this is the thread about electric guitars but you can't talk about mixers, effects pedals or amplifiers! Have at it, folks."
Don't like it, don't participate in this thread.

Honestly, the only reason I haven't already banned anyone is because we're 11-2. I don't want to be kicking people for this in the middle of a great season. But, if you want to keep begging to be kicked, c'est la vie.
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

PurpleHalo wrote: The recent move by the Met Commission was total bush league, they have every reason to be mad.
Extend or we charge you 4 mil a year, now isnt the time for strong armed tactics, all they needed to do was sit down and say we gonna get this figured out, lets find a way. I hope the Met Commission, dont foul this up, Bill Lester needs to pull his head out and repair the damage if it's possible to, fueds wont help this situation, everyone needs to work together. With that said, I think the vikings are being a bit childish about the latest design.
If the MSFC was coming to the Vikes asking for them to sign an extension contingent on financing getting through the legislature, then fine. But they didn't, they just asked for a 2 year lease extension. The lease end is the only leverage the Vikings have, so I don't know what the MSFC was thinking.

It sounds like the Vikes are talking directly to the governor, which is smart.
TrenchGoon
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by TrenchGoon »

30 minutes to go to the bathroom is too long. perhaps they can be the first stadium to put urinals on the back of each seat so you don't have to get up and miss any of the action. whether it is for the new stadium or as a renovation I think this idea should be considered.