Vikings vs. Rams Game Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Vikings vs. Rams Game Thread

Post by Mothman »

It's game day! Today's game against the Rams should be an easy win for the Vikings but it's the NFL so you never know. I just read that the Rams have won four of the past five against the Vikes, so they have at least one trend on their side. I think this is the type of game where it would greatly benefit the Vikes to get off to a fast start. Not only would that help take the crowd out of the game but it might also discourage a Rams team that hasn't won in a LONG time. With a tough stretch of the schedule coming up, I'd love to see the Vikes really push themselves, build a commanding lead and earn the opportunity to rest some key players in the 4th quarter. However, I'll be happy if they just win. :)

Jim
Browner
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Vikings vs. Rams Game Thread

Post by Browner »

Not only that but they have also lost 14 in a row if I am correct. I am just glad we don't have to watch football all day on Sunday and wait for Monday to play....it takes a long time. At least it ain't the bye week.....It's gonna be interesting to see how we start with a short week of practice and are we a championship team-come out and DOMINATE or play mediocre and barely win. I don't see us losing though....Go Vikes :rock:
After 50 years.......Aren't we due????
Greg
Career Elite Player

Post by Greg »

and they no longer have Holt and Bruce as their top WR - we've also changed "a bit" since Travis Taylor and Mewelde Moore probably won't be our top 2 reception leaders :beerchug:
OJVIKE
Career Elite Player

Post by OJVIKE »

lets see more of this today...get kyle boller
mountainman
Transition Player

Post by mountainman »

The Vikes should win convincingly. That being said this is the NFL and as long as they do not sustain any important injuries and come out with a win I will be happy.
In the Nfl anything can and will happen, just ask Wahington a couple of weeks ago when they ended the Lions losing streak.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Take Jackson out of the game and we should dominate. Can't let S-Jax get free or get on a roll. The WALL must be in tact and our linebackers (EJ) need to play well. I'm not too concerned with the Rams beating us through the air. Their receivers are banged up and Boller isn't very good. Though we do at times seem to make average or below average quarterbacks look like Pro-bowlers. Hopefully we can get it done. AD needs to get back on track today.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

mountainman wrote:The Vikes should win convincingly. That being said this is the NFL and as long as they do not sustain any important injuries and come out with a win I will be happy.
In the Nfl anything can and will happen, just ask Wahington a couple of weeks ago when they ended the Lions losing streak.

On any given Sunday....(Let's just hope it's not today :wink: )
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Funk
Rookie

Post by Funk »

I hope this isn't the game that breaks our streak of keeping rushers under 100 yards. I'm pretty proud of that stat. STL should be down for the whole game, but they'll probably be stubborn about their running game. Also, Jackson put up a 100 yarder against the Pack when they held AD to 55.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to some of those new Percy plays that they installed in the playbook for him. The Vikes should break some of those out when we have a lead.
ImageImage
dkoby
All Pro Elite Player

Post by dkoby »

I think AD has 155 today as Chilli ( I hope ) sees this opportunity to rest Favre (25 or less) attempts and give them a healthy dose of Peterson
The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds,the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps.
Elenore Roosevelt. 1945
TheIrishVikingsFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by TheIrishVikingsFan »

Woot lets go VIKINGS :D
Hope AD has a big day today :D :D
Greg
Career Elite Player

Post by Greg »

From http://min.scout.com/2/907973.html

Rookie right tackle Phil Loadholt is among the Vikings’ inactives Sunday in St. Louis. Loadholt injured his ankle in training camp, but it’s unclear if this is the same injury (or ankle) he hurt then. He participated fully in Wednesday’s practice, but was limited on Thursday and did not participate Friday. Artis Hicks will start in place of Loadholt.
Also inactive for the Vikings are QB Sage Rosenfels (third QB), WRs Darius Reynaud and Greg Lewis, CB Asher Allen, RB Albert Young, LB Erin Henderson and DT Letroy Guion.
mossbutt
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mossbutt »

I think Chili gets fired at halftime for benchpressing Mckinnie and then throwing him at a booing fan who knows more about play calling than he does. Come on Chili, pull your head outta that waffle menu and coach.
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

The Vikes need to put these guys away early with AD having a big day
illinivikesfan
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by illinivikesfan »

Hutch is playing then? I saw he and Load were listed as questionable.
illinivikesfan
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by illinivikesfan »

also....thanks Bears for the bye the vikes are on tv in Illinois.