New Uniforms?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

ViciousBritishVike
Starter

Re: New Uniforms?

Post by ViciousBritishVike »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:I loved our old jerseys with the norseman on the sleeves. I kinda hope we go back to those in a way. I would not be upset if we go to the throwbacks either.
Norseman on the sleeves was epic and with the minor changes, I can see this being brought into affect once more, purely to gain more exposure. As with all retro looks, you can't top the image associated with the beginnings of your team in my opinion. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

dead_poet wrote:Leaked NFL uniforms?
From November of 2010. Just some graphic artist getting creative.

http://jockpost.com/nfl-nike-uniforms-2012-real-fake/
thor
Veteran

Post by thor »

Some of these are pretty cool. Some, not so much. What do you think if this was ours?

http://www.chacha.com/gallery/886/leake ... forms/5195

I kind of like the horns on the sleeve, but I couldn't deal with that helmet. Gotta be purple with the horns.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I would be livid. Those are terrible.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

I will say, those Bengals ones are awesome. I also liked the steel texture in the Steelers helmets.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Some of these are pretty cool. Some, not so much. What do you think if this was ours?
I think I'd :puke:

That's a hideous uniform design.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Only thing I would like out of that is if they had alternate helmets with the viking on the side, but only as alternates. Other than that, it's too much and I don't like the gold.
ViciousBritishVike
Starter

80 PurplePride 84 wrote: Those are fan concepts that were put out a few years ago after Nike got the uniform contract saying that they were the new Nike jerseys.

They are 100% fake.
Tacky, looks like an Arena League uniform. I think it's too much of an alteration personally.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

ViciousBritishVike wrote:Tacky, looks like an Arena League uniform. I think it's too much of an alteration personally.
The major changes there are a complete redo of the helmet and the replacement of white with gold in the color scheme. Apart from that, they're not much different than the arena league uniforms they wear now.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I remember when those fakes came out, and I'm glad they are, yuck. Looks like something LSU should be wearing more than the Vikings.
Angels Wings
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Angels Wings »

^I agree; there is way too much going on with these uniforms...
For those with wings, fly to your dreams
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Subtract the helmet and the undershirt that few players would wear and the uniform above is _less_ busy than the current one.

There's also the following concept. Not sure how much you can do with stockings and undershirts, but they sure do try. The rest is pretty much the current uniform, except the numbers are changed and a bit too small. What they really need to do is model uniforms on a 6'2" 330lb guard if they want to see how truly ludicrous they can look.

I do like the white over purple pants for away uniforms.

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Eli wrote:Subtract the helmet and the undershirt that few players would wear and the uniform above is _less_ busy than the current one.

There's also the following concept. Not sure how much you can do with stockings and undershirts, but they sure do try. The rest is pretty much the current uniform, except the numbers are changed and a bit too small. What they really need to do is model uniforms on a 6'2" 330lb guard if they want to see how truly ludicrous they can look.

I do like the white over purple pants for away uniforms.

Where did you find that one?
ViciousBritishVike
Starter

Eli wrote: The major changes there are a complete redo of the helmet and the replacement of white with gold in the color scheme. Apart from that, they're not much different than the arena league uniforms they wear now.
Precisely, I think taking away a helmet that is so synonymous with our organisation is out of the question. The famous Vikings horns are easily recognisable and world renowned!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »