VIKINGS - COWBOYS MATCHUP

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: VIKINGS - COWBOYS MATCHUP

Post by VikingPaul73 »

yep, better late than never!!! :rock:

either way I'm excited to see how they continue to develop and finish the season. if they finish strong, next year could be exciting
psjordan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by psjordan »

I know DAL lost two OL early in yesterday's game, but am I the only one here who has been thinking for the last 14 hours how the heck did we lose to that DAL team? And I know "home" is no longer "HOME", but we lost to them at home? Wha?

And is it just me or did WAS have some nice running plays designed for that defense? SMH.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

psjordan wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:15 am I know DAL lost two OL early in yesterday's game, but am I the only one here who has been thinking for the last 14 hours how the heck did we lose to that DAL team? And I know "home" is no longer "HOME", but we lost to them at home? Wha?

And is it just me or did WAS have some nice running plays designed for that defense? SMH.
When the Vikings played Dallas, Dallas was coming off their bye and a tough loss to the Steelers. They were rested and had the bad taste of that defeat to wash out of their mouths and played very physically against the Vikings who were riding what for the Vikings must have felt like a 10 game win streak after 3 straight wins.

Then Dallas played on a very short week and I think it showed.

So much of football is just who wants it more. Pure talent is great, but absent any significant talent differential between two teams, it usually comes down to who works harder and is more physical. I think Dallas illustrated that effect perfectly over the last two games.

This effect is also the reason why I'm optimistic the Vikings can still do something this season, because while the defense lacks some experience in the back and the OL has struggled, the Vikings have plenty of talent and drive. They're not great by any means, but they're good enough that if they execute and keep working hard I think they can still make the playoffs. They won't run into any more teams fresh off their byes from here on out, so as long as they keep the faith and remain healthy I don't see why they can't compete.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

VikingLord wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:20 am
psjordan wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:15 am I know DAL lost two OL early in yesterday's game, but am I the only one here who has been thinking for the last 14 hours how the heck did we lose to that DAL team? And I know "home" is no longer "HOME", but we lost to them at home? Wha?

When the Vikings played Dallas, Dallas was coming off their bye and a tough loss to the Steelers. They were rested and had the bad taste of that defeat to wash out of their mouths and played very physically against the Vikings who were riding what for the Vikings must have felt like a 10 game win streak after 3 straight wins.

So much of football is just who wants it more. Pure talent is great, but absent any significant talent differential between two teams, it usually comes down to who works harder and is more physical. I think Dallas illustrated that effect perfectly over the last two games.

This effect is also the reason why I'm optimistic the Vikings can still do something this season, because while the defense lacks some experience in the back and the OL has struggled, the Vikings have plenty of talent and drive. They're not great by any means, but they're good enough that if they execute and keep working hard I think they can still make the playoffs. They won't run into any more teams fresh off their byes from here on out, so as long as they keep the faith and remain healthy I don't see why they can't compete.
Didn't Houston have a short week too?
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

For the record:

Donovan Wilson was fined $4,159 for his helmet-to-helmet hit on Kirk Cousins. The one that wasn't called.

Meanwhile, Harrison Smith was not fined for his hit on CeeDee Lamb. The one that was, you know, flagged.

If you want to know whether the refs got it wrong, follow the money.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

StumpHunter wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:00 am
VikingLord wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:20 am

Didn't Houston have a short week too?
Yeah, they did.

But I just read that the Cowboys' athletic trainer apparently died like the day before their game against Houston, and it sounds like a lot of players took that pretty hard given he was fairly young and the death was unexpected.