3rd Round Pick: RB Alexander Mattison

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Re: 3rd Round Pick: RB Alexander Mattison

Post by YikesVikes »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:53 am
StumpHunter wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:06 am
Some are much more guilty of this than others. There are people who are way too emotional about this team and that emotion impacts how they read anything that even remotely resembles criticism.

So, when you say the Vikings shouldn't have picked Mattison where they did, they read it as the Vikings shouldn't have selected Mattison at all, and he is a horrible player who will never amount to anything.
Agreed. They may have been able to get him in the spot they selected Samia and taken Samia in the spot they selected Mattison. Either way the result is the same.
I think as soon as a player is drafted, we see them in purple colored glasses. They instantly become *gems" and locks to be amazing. Look at Bradbury, we're penciling him in to be an All Pro and eventually a HOFer already.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

YikesVikes wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 5:55 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:53 am
Agreed. They may have been able to get him in the spot they selected Samia and taken Samia in the spot they selected Mattison. Either way the result is the same.
I think as soon as a player is drafted, we see them in purple colored glasses. They instantly become *gems" and locks to be amazing. Look at Bradbury, we're penciling him in to be an All Pro and eventually a HOFer already.
Pro Bowler=Lock
All Pro=Likely
HoFer=maybe
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

YikesVikes wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:41 pm
Raptorman wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:12 pm
Kamara
Hunt
Conner
Mckinnon
Hillman
D. Murray
Ridley
J. Charles
Gore.

Just some of those "sucky" RB's drafted in the 3rd round since 2005.
I swear you guys don't read and type just to work on finger extension. Did I say good backs aren't drafted in the 3rd? Actually, my statement is the opposite of that. This board needs a reading comp class badly.

Which of the backs listed is a battering ram? :confused:
Well, actually, I was listing the backs that you mentioned. I read perfectly well.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Raptorman wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 10:47 pm
YikesVikes wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:41 pm

I swear you guys don't read and type just to work on finger extension. Did I say good backs aren't drafted in the 3rd? Actually, my statement is the opposite of that. This board needs a reading comp class badly.

Which of the backs listed is a battering ram? :confused:
Well, actually, I was listing the backs that you mentioned. I read perfectly well.
Except I didn't list any backs. I also didn't say backs drafted in the 3rd round were sucky.

The person I was responding to said"
"Not flashy but a punch in the gut runner.Basically a battering ram. Not bad IMO."

I then said the
"3rd round is not where you draft those types of backs".

How we got here, is a Vikingsmessageboard.com mystery. :confused:
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 10:54 pm

Pro Bowler=Lock
All Pro=Likely
HoFer=maybe
See what I mean
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Pro Bowler=Lock
All Pro=Likely
HoFer=maybe
See what I mean
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

YikesVikes wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 1:20 pm
Pro Bowler=Lock
All Pro=Likely
HoFer=maybe
See what I mean
I'd be willing to bet on the pro bowl part and within the first three years.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

The biggest win in that Seahawk game was Mattison wasn't hurt. When his leg bent back, I was sure he tore his ACL. I think he dodged a huge bullet.
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

S197 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:30 pm The biggest win in that Seahawk game was Mattison wasn't hurt. When his leg bent back, I was sure he tore his ACL. I think he dodged a huge bullet.
Man I thought he was hurt bad also. Was so glad to see him back right away. Held my breath!
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:17 pm
S197 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:30 pm The biggest win in that Seahawk game was Mattison wasn't hurt. When his leg bent back, I was sure he tore his ACL. I think he dodged a huge bullet.
Man I thought he was hurt bad also. Was so glad to see him back right away. Held my breath!
Especially since he fumbled. I recall either AD or Cook fumbling from the pain when they tore their ACL. Looked almost like the same thing. I heard they changed the field this year, wonder if that helped. Whatever the case, it was a huge relief to see him unscathed.
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

S197 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:18 am

Especially since he fumbled. I recall either AD or Cook fumbling from the pain when they tore their ACL. Looked almost like the same thing. I heard they changed the field this year, wonder if that helped. Whatever the case, it was a huge relief to see him unscathed.
Did u hear them say before the game that they had changed the turf in N.O. the wk before and now at the Bank and mentioned that played into the decision of Cook not playing? Interesting. That stuff scares me. Way too many knee and Achilles injuries from that stuff IMO
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Wtf, I was at the game and I don't remember that. When did it happen?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:30 am

First play of the second (maybe third?) drive when the Vikings started inside their own 10. Couple plays before the huge pass from Kirk to Adam. (If I'm remembering correctly).

When it happened, I turned to my wife and said "Viking's fans can't have nice things, there goes his ACL". Then he managed to get up and was still on the field the next play.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

akvikingsfan wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:45 am
PurpleMustReign wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:30 am

First play of the second (maybe third?) drive when the Vikings started inside their own 10. Couple plays before the huge pass from Kirk to Adam. (If I'm remembering correctly).

When it happened, I turned to my wife and said "Viking's fans can't have nice things, there goes his ACL". Then he managed to get up and was still on the field the next play.
OH, that's why I didn't notice it. I saw him go down weird but he hopped back up and I didn't think anything of it. That's good that he didn't get hurt. That would have been depressing. He's looked really good so far, way better than I expected.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

The bottom line is the kid looked good. What we saw is what he is. A solid between the tackles runner. It's hard for the 1st guy to bring him down. You won't see a home run but he can take the hand offs. Perfect change up from Cook. I'm glad we picked him.