Vikings Playoff Picture

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

S197
Fenrir

Re: Vikings Playoff Picture

Post by S197 »

PacificNorseWest wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:06 pm
S197 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:59 pm What's the scenario to play Dallas? That's the one I'm hoping for, this teams best chance is in a dome or in warm LA. Playing in soldier Field would be a monumental uphill battle. Can you imagine playing in Philly again? Ugh.

Dallas then NO or LA is I think the ideal path. Preferably the Rams.

I honestly hope Chicago has something to play for, I don't want this team falling backwards into the playoffs. Also 5th seed is ideal assuming a team like Philly can pull off a couple upset wins and give us NFCC at home.
Dallas most likely wins the division, but won't catch the Bears, so the NFCE division winner will be the 4th seed and play the 5th seed. The Vikings would need to finish with a better record than Seattle. If Vikings win out and Seattle loses against KC, then the Vikings would be the 5th seed and play Dallas (or Philadelphia or Washington).
Thank you. I don't mind cheering for KC and feel the Vikings should win out in order to be worthy of a spot.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Husker Vike wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:01 pm Trying to figure out if there is any reason that we want the Panthers to win tonight.It would give the Saints same record as the Rams,although Saints hold head to head win over LA.Saints have Panthers twice and at home next week against Pittsburgh,Rams have Cards and 49ers, Bears have 49ers and us.
Well, the Saints pulled out an ugly win that showed how to play them--rough and physical. I think we want the Saints and Rams to win out at his point, in order to remove any incentive for the Bears in week 17. Of course, we're getting ahead of ourselves. These are the Vikings, and it would be just like them to #### the bed in Detroit next week after looking so strong this past week.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Texas Vike wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:38 am
Well, the Saints pulled out an ugly win that showed how to play them--rough and physical. I think we want the Saints and Rams to win out at his point, in order to remove any incentive for the Bears in week 17. Of course, we're getting ahead of ourselves. These are the Vikings, and it would be just like them to #### the bed in Detroit next week after looking so strong this past week.
LOL! That's the truth.
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

MINNESOTA VIKINGS (7-6-1) (at Detroit (5-9), Sunday, 1:00 PM ET, FOX)

Minnesota clinches a playoff berth with:

MIN win+ PHI loss or tie vs HOU AND WAS loss at TEN

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... n-week-16/