Seahawks post game thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Raz
Veteran

Seahawks post game thread

Post by Raz »

I think we are going to have to face the facts that the 2018 vikes are not a very good team. The line play is poor, coaching is bad, special team play is awful and cousins can't seem to read a defense to save his life. Going to be a long couple of years.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Re: Seahawks post game thread

Post by PacificNorseWest »

I've spilled by frustration in other threads, so I guess I'll use this thread as the silver lining of it all...

In that...The Vikings control their own destiny to make the playoffs still and are still sitting in the 6th spot even after tonight's loss. They play a tough team in Miami, but they're beatable and the game is at home. Then they play the Lions who they should beat and by the time they get to Chicago in week 17, the Bears will already have the 3rd seed locked up and won't benefit from a win, so they'll rest their starters and the Vikings will get another win.

Because they're the 6th seed, they play Chicago in the 1st round. They're inexperienced in postseason play and because the Vikings are so familiar with them, they pull the upset.

Boom!
ERIK the PURPLE
Franchise Player

Post by ERIK the PURPLE »

I like PacificNorthwest's take but at some point you have to just accept that you're only as good as your record. 6-6-1 means we are a very mediocre team.
Our play calling sucks. Deflipp or whatever your name is: YOU SUCK. Almost makes me wish for Linehan. I said ALMOST.
Why does Murray run so frickin straight up? Reminds me of Herschel getting stuffed on short yardage. I CAN'T frickin take any more of this! I swear I could call a better game and I'm just a washed up 61 yr old who has been a Vikes fan ever since we lost to San Fran in 1970 playoffs.
Grashopa
Franchise Player

Post by Grashopa »

Even when things went right they went wrong. That's my Vikes!
Formerly AADPFan
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

This season was lost in Philadelphia in January. I have said since then thst Zimmer lost the team. No one wanted to listen. Blame the OL, blame the QB, blame the OC... Its the head coach's team. He was given everything he asked for. And this is the result.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

And I gotta say... That Buffalo game looks less and less like a team distracted by Griffen and more like a superior ream not playing like one.
How bad is the Nfc when this ream is still the 6th seed? If they make the playoffs, it will be an embarrassing game.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Each team still in the hunt for the 6th seed has a game or two they could definitely lose. The 6th seed may be boasting 8 wins come playoff time. That's happened before with a division winner, but I can't remember it happening for the wild card.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

PacificNorseWest wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:56 am Each team still in the hunt for the 6th seed has a game or two they could definitely lose. The 6th seed may be boasting 8 wins come playoff time. That's happened before with a division winner, but I can't remember it happening for the wild card.
You honestly think that this team can go anywhere in the playoffs if they were to be a wild card. After watching the coaches fail, the QB fail, the Oline utterly fail, and Zimmer lost faith of everyone not on the Defense, and the failing of a GM, I think it is much more likely the Vikings do not win another game this year. Something is broke on this team, and I think we have to look from the top on down. But I doubt the Wilfs have the football sense to make any bold moves if this season continues on the way it has been. Yeah, they will probably get rid of Deflip, but I doubt that solves much at all. But I guess it would be a start, untill next year at this time people are blaming the new OC again.
Tavern_Wino
Practice Squad

Post by Tavern_Wino »

When I look around the league, I long for my favorite team to resemble teams that reflect some grit and passion when they step on the field. The Titans are my 2nd favorite team (grew up a Warren Moon fan) and they have less talent than the Vikings and they play hard every week. That's all I want from this team.

To have only 6 points in 4 quarters is not good football no matter how someone tries to slice it. Even the 49ers put up 16 points with 2nd and 3rd stringers against the Seahawks.

It's hard to finger point one individual or unit. Collectively the entire organization is bad. From ownership to the coaches. This team has lost belief in the coaching staff and probably their overpaid QB. In hindsight spending $84 million on an offensive line and keeping Teddy would have been better than what they are putting out there.

I didn't have the highest expectations for this years team. I figured they would regress after they missed their shot to win it all last year. Those types of seasons are difficult to duplicate. I thought 8-8 was a realistic finish. 6-6-1 is laughable with the talent they have. Not sure if they overachieved last year or this season is about where they should be.

Either way, there needs to be some accountability held somewhere, or make proper changes if no one's wants to own up to their piss poor effort week in and week out.
Boomer Sooner
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

The Good Morning Football crew are just shredding our offense this morning, and the sad thing is I can't argue with a single thing being said.
They replayed several key plays from last night and showed the opportunities that Cousins missed. The most glaring was the pass to Rudy in the end zone. I saw Cook open on about the 1/2 yrd line on the play, but didnt realize this morning how easily he could have also hit Theilen. There were several other opportunities they showed, but I don't wanna list then off and just get mad again.
The officiating was as usual horrible, and the Wagner non call was atrocious and being covered extensively, starting right after the game. BUT... even if it was called I can't say I really have the faith we could have scored anyhow. Yes, we should have gotten the opportunity, and as usual we got the short end of the stick by the refs, but as I said would we have capitalized on the opportunity???
I won't beat a dead horse, but will echo many others, our O line is atrocious at best and JDF has become one of the biggest let downs ever.
The most concerning part for me was seeing the unraveling on the sidelines. Someone in the game thread posted " Oh great now our star players are fighting". I noticed it too.
This morning they are showing Theilen basically telling Cousins he was open on that play , and Cousins just walks away from him. Theilen just shakes his head and puts his hands up.
I hope the coaching staff nips that on the bud right away. Are we gonna start having a divided locker room? I know that during a game like that the tension becomes high and the bickering can start. But, if I was a D player on the team and I'm out there playing my arse off and constantly giving my offense the opportunity to get us in the game, and they keep coming up with garbage play calling by OC and garbage play by the O?? Well I know I would start getting really pissed and losing faith. Hopefully that won't happen.
We are a team SO loaded with talent, and playing such horrible, undisciplined football. It's getting really sickening.
I will still stay loyal and keep hoping. But even if we would back our way into the playoffs, does anyone really believe we can win anything? I guess stranger things can happen, and I hope in February we can say OMG we won the SB after that kind of season!!! But I'm not willing to even bet a pack of gum on that happening.
We are broken and need a huge overhaul.
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Seattle's a good team and playing them in that stadium is difficult. I know players and Zimmer are frustrated (exhibit a: a microphone caught Thielen saying "It's been there all F'n night" in the fourth quarter after he finally got the ball; exhibit b: Zimmer's presser, where his blood is boiling and his contempt for JDF and Priefer are essentially written in blood on his forehead). But I still think they may rally and go at least 2-1 over the last three games and make the playoffs.

As much as I like Zimmer, I am starting to realize that he is a very good D coordinator, but not much more. The team's success hinges on the OC, because Zimm's vision for the entire team is really limited to his side of the ball. I think a lot of blame for not addressing the OL gets assigned to Rick, but my suspicion is that Zimmer has influenced our inflated number of 1st and 2nd round picks going to CBs. Zimmer's global vision for the team is too influenced by his specialty.
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

Tavern_Wino wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:31 am When I look around the league, I long for my favorite team to resemble teams that reflect some grit and passion when they step on the field. The Titans are my 2nd favorite team (grew up a Warren Moon fan) and they have less talent than the Vikings and they play hard every week. That's all I want from this team.

To have only 6 points in 4 quarters is not good football no matter how someone tries to slice it. Even the 49ers put up 16 points with 2nd and 3rd stringers against the Seahawks.

It's hard to finger point one individual or unit. Collectively the entire organization is bad. From ownership to the coaches. This team has lost belief in the coaching staff and probably their overpaid QB. In hindsight spending $84 million on an offensive line and keeping Teddy would have been better than what they are putting out there.

I didn't have the highest expectations for this years team. I figured they would regress after they missed their shot to win it all last year. Those types of seasons are difficult to duplicate. I thought 8-8 was a realistic finish. 6-6-1 is laughable with the talent they have. Not sure if they overachieved last year or this season is about where they should be.

Either way, there needs to be some accountability held somewhere, or make proper changes if no one's wants to own up to their piss poor effort week in and week out.
I'm not trying to start an argument here at all my friend, but one thing we have to admit is that the Wilfs are giving all the resources abundantly to make this a 1st class , dynasty organization.

The sad fact is that some of the people using the resources are not doing a real good job with them. Alot of issues need to be addressed, and addressed quickly. Too early after an absolute butt whipping to even start trying to list them all, but I sure hope some tough decisions are made and made correctly. Cuz this sure isn't a fun season at all
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:43 am This season was lost in Philadelphia in January. I have said since then thst Zimmer lost the team. No one wanted to listen. Blame the OL, blame the QB, blame the OC... Its the head coach's team. He was given everything he asked for. And this is the result.
I don’t buy the “mike Zimmer has lost this team”. He’s one of the most respected coaches in the nfl when it comes to his players. The defense wouldn’t be playing as good as they are if he “lost the team”. I posted the problem in black and white in the Cousins thread. It’s flip. If Mike Zimmer lost the team, nobody would be playing hard including the defense. That is not the case. Saying he lost the team is nothing but an easy scapegoat. Do you truly believe a guy like Tom Compton isn’t “blocking as hard” because Mike Zimmer lost him? No. Or Thielen, Diggs, Cousins, etc? No. Like I said, if that was the case, nobody would be trying.

Has flip lost the offense? Yeah. I’m starting to think they have 0 confidence in him. You can tell in pressers that cook hasn’t been happy with his lack of carries. Diggs and Thielens targets are dropping. Thielen showed frustration last game. Flip is now so bad with what he is doing that he is managing to somehow not give cook enough carries AND not getting Thielen and Diggs the ball enough. How is that even possible? Cousins has NEVER been a check down QB. But guys are calling him “Ponder” in the chat (yeah overreaction at its finest). Plays aren’t getting the time to develop anymore, plays are predictable, it’s obvious when we’re passing and when we’re running, our OL can’t hold up long enough for plays to develop, he continues to not commit to the run and now has zero clock management skills given all of his best players still aren’t getting the ball as much as they should.

Guys can blame Zim and Cousins all they want. They aren’t the problem. Flip is the problem.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:13 am
PurpleMustReign wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:43 am This season was lost in Philadelphia in January. I have said since then thst Zimmer lost the team. No one wanted to listen. Blame the OL, blame the QB, blame the OC... Its the head coach's team. He was given everything he asked for. And this is the result.
I don’t buy the “mike Zimmer has lost this team”. He’s one of the most respected coaches in the nfl when it comes to his players. The defense wouldn’t be playing as good as they are if he “lost the team”. I posted the problem in black and white in the Cousins thread. It’s flip. If Mike Zimmer lost the team, nobody would be playing hard including the defense. That is not the case. Saying he lost the team is nothing but an easy scapegoat. Do you truly believe a guy like Tom Compton isn’t “blocking as hard” because Mike Zimmer lost him? No. Or Thielen, Diggs, Cousins, etc? No. Like I said, if that was the case, nobody would be trying.

Has flip lost the offense? Yeah. I’m starting to think they have 0 confidence in him. You can tell in pressers that cook hasn’t been happy with his lack of carries. Diggs and Thielens targets are dropping. Thielen showed frustration last game. Flip is now so bad with what he is doing that he is managing to somehow not give cook enough carries AND not getting Thielen and Diggs the ball enough. How is that even possible? Cousins has NEVER been a check down QB. But guys are calling him “Ponder” in the chat (yeah overreaction at its finest). Plays aren’t getting the time to develop anymore, plays are predictable, it’s obvious when we’re passing and when we’re running, our OL can’t hold up long enough for plays to develop, he continues to not commit to the run and now has zero clock management skills given all of his best players still aren’t getting the ball as much as they should.

Guys can blame Zim and Cousins all they want. They aren’t the problem. Flip is the problem.
My thought is that pride is the reason players are playing hard. Even with the defense. To me it seems like they are all going through the motions. I agree that JDF is the main problem for the team right now. But I dit see any fire from anyone outside of kendricks and Thielen.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

And I honestly feel bad for cousins in a way because coming into this team, if he had the slightest mess up, every analyst, media, fan, etc is going to throw all the blame on him because of what he got paid. This team could have the last ranked defense in the nfl and Cousins would be getting blamed. As I said in his thread, he’s made his mistakes for sure but he is far from the problem. Seeing his Instagram and what idiotic fans comment on it makes me want to throw up. I literally HATE when our fans or any fans do crap like that. It makes our fan base look horrible. 2 years ago when Thielen fumbled the punt vs Dallas his wife and Thielen himself were getting threats on instagram over it. His wife had ended up posting about all of it after it happened. Adam Thielen of all people was getting threats.

But now those fans have a new guy to threaten. Adam Thielen fumbled against the saints and DRASTICALLY changed the result in that game but fans STILL go after cousins.

There are still quite a few fans out there that know to put most of the blame or flip, but there are still a lot of fans out there that throw it all on Cousins. Again, he’s not the problem. It happens on here. The amount of cousins hate going through the chat every week is ridiculous. I mean being called Ponder? The guy throws for over 4000 yards a year but since he’s throwing check downs the last few games because he has no time for plays to develop because of the OL and flip not adjusting, he’s “Ponder” now? Give me a break guys. Ponder couldn’t get to 4000 yards if he had double the games Cousins did in a year
Last edited by Pondering Her Percy on Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri