Bradfords knee??

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Re: Bradfords knee??

Post by PacificNorseWest »

mansquatch wrote:It's also entirely possible that Zimmer and co made a calculated bet that they lose a tough road game early in an effort to preserve Bradford's knee. We have to remember that we do not know as much as the Vikings do. Any conjecture is more WAG (Wild A-- Guess) than anything else.

Another perspective is that outside of probably ATL, the NFC is again a total dumpster fire. Dallas got completely man-handled my the Broncos (which was predicable, they played a cream puff schedule last year.) and now Elliot's off the field issues are about to spin out of control. ARI so far has played far below expectations. SEA is basically the 2016 Vikings, but with worse skill position players. Green Bay is again a one man show, but with a worse OL.

Patience my friends. There is still plenty of opportunity this season. If you want to get mad about something, get mad about the fact that the NFC has been prime for the taking the last two seasons and the injury bug has prevented our roster from capitalizing. THAT sucks.
I thought along the same lines and hope it's right. A loss on the road game against an AFC team may have little, if any, impact on the Vikings playoff scenario, so it might have been a good game to sit out.

If the Vikings miss the playoffs by one game, I'm gonna be pissed. :lol:
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

That would be irritating, but then again, if they need that one game just to get in, then their odds of winning the big game are probably not great either.

The first 6 games in the NFL are really annoying. Teams basically "tune up" and at the same time hope/pray that injuries do not wipe out their season. (see 2016 Vikings) The preseason and practice rules are really a detriment to the league right now IMO. They need to figure that out so that the product that hits the field in September is better tuned and at the same time you do not see a star player go down in a pre-season game that means nothing.

My hope is the Vikings can navigate the next 4 weeks and escape unscathed and firing on all cylinders.

Thursday night football needs to go away also. It is fine for week one since you can set the schedules ahead for it in the pre-season, but after that the games are just awful. It is bad the players and the product that is produced is bad for the fans.

Sorry for the soapbox.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

Thanksgiving is always on a Thursday and football is needed that day.

My thought on Thurday games are only teams coming off of a bye should have to play on Thursday, work it into the schedule that way. Teams would never have to go into a game with less days to prepare then.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I honestly think Detroit will be near the top of the Nfc if they stay healthy. With that said, on paper, the Vikings are better, IMO. I really hope Bradford gets better. I am so sick of being close to something and then having it ripped away for one reason of another.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

PacificNorseWest wrote:If the Vikings miss the playoffs by one game, I'm gonna be pissed. :lol:
Kai Forbath's game winning kick is blocked, by TJ Clemmings, the subsequent ricochet hits Zimmer in the eyeball.
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

S197 wrote: Kai Forbath's game winning kick is blocked, by TJ Clemmings, the subsequent ricochet hits Zimmer in the eyeball.
ugh....that could happen
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

That would be the most Vikings way to miss the post season.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

S197 wrote:
Kai Forbath's game winning kick is blocked, by TJ Clemmings, the subsequent ricochet hits Zimmer in the eyeball.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I'm dying
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

S197 wrote: Kai Forbath's game winning kick is blocked, by TJ Clemmings, the subsequent ricochet hits Zimmer in the eyeball.

His good eyeball or his bad eyeball? lol
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I honestly think Detroit will be near the top of the Nfc if they stay healthy. With that said, on paper, the Vikings are better, IMO. I really hope Bradford gets better. I am so sick of being close to something and then having it ripped away for one reason of another.

Hard to say. They played 2 pretty bad teams. Against the giants, they needed a big play by their rb to win. In fact their rb had more yards than Stafford. I think the jury is still out on the Lions. This week against the Falcons should show if they're for real or not
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

And Blair Walsh wins the super bowl with an extra point after a last second touchdown.

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
petev_sj
Veteran

Post by petev_sj »

I hope the Mods for this site is ok with me asking this question. I apologize if it's not appropriate.

Does anyone think Sam Bradford's non contact injury was a long term contract negotiation ploy?
PsyDanny
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PsyDanny »

petev_sj wrote:I hope the Mods for this site is ok with me asking this question. I apologize if it's not appropriate.

Does anyone think Sam Bradford's non contact injury was a long term contract negotiation ploy?
Frankly, I am not sure how that would work as a contract ploy. Maybe I am missing something here and others have ideas.

OTOH, choosing to sit out for additional time to evaluate and/or heal, in order to maintain better play throughout the season rending a good contract later in the season (or end thereof) might be the case.

Other thoughts?
"My anterior orifice is forever causing me extreme difficulty;
therefore, I shall endeavor to acquire some self-control."
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

PsyDanny wrote:
Frankly, I am not sure how that would work as a contract ploy. Maybe I am missing something here and others have ideas.

OTOH, choosing to sit out for additional time to evaluate and/or heal, in order to maintain better play throughout the season rending a good contract later in the season (or end thereof) might be the case.

Other thoughts?
I think this could be pretty accurate.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

I think discussions on contracts are very premature. If Sam puts together another 4000+ yard season (he looked like he was on pace for 4500 or 5000 yards in week 1) then his knee will be a small consideration, if at all. Reason being: There will be at least 10 other teams that will gladly pay him since their QB sucks and QB is the be all, end all in the NFL. Look no further than our game last week if you need convincing. Same team, only one position was different and we couldn't find the end zone.

The real wild card is Teddy Bridgewater. What happens with him? There are all kinds of scenarios that play out. Maybe Bradford's knee is on again / off again, then TB comes in off the bench in week 8 and lights it up. Then what?

What if TB doesn't see any action in 2017? Now his bargaining power is greatly reduced.

There are So many different ways this can play out. It is impossible to conjecture on the contract situation without having seen more games.

My guess is this: If Bradford is sniffing 4000 yards and fewer than 10 INT by week 15 we might see a contract extension announced. The Vikings will not want him on the open market if he is putting up great to elite stats by that point. If he is injured, misses more time, or falls off the wagon performance wise then all bets are off. But it depends....